Australian Veterinary Mental Health Awareness and Suicide Prevention Ltd, is an autonomous health promotion charity that is not affiliated with any other organization.
Australian Veterinary Mental Health Awareness and Suicide Prevention Ltd primary purpose is to promote the prevention and control of mental ill health and related diseases among veterinarians in Australia and others within the veterinary profession. The company seeks to do this by:
- promote and supporting positive mental health and wellbeing within the veterinary profession
- raise awareness of, and the factors contributing to, poor mental health and suicide within the veterinary profession
- promote help seeking behaviours in relation to mental health and suicide prevention within the veterinary profession
- raise awareness, promoting and developing skills and techniques within the veterinary profession to address mental health issues
- develop and maintaining a database of resources and information relevant to mental health issues
- promote and encourage further research and development into mental health issues within the veterinary profession, and
- provide support and training to and establishing a network of support persons in order to provide personal support to those in the veterinary profession in relation to mental health and suicide prevention issues.